Eleonoras-Stockholm

6.30.2012

The birth of a 1920s inspired headband. My healthy obsession with the 1920s esthetic goes quite a few years back. In 2007 I discovered Tribal Fusion Bellydance. I fell in love with the whole package, music, dance-moves and costume. Since then a part of the ever evolving tribal fusion community's costume style has been drawn towards a vintage inspired look. Everything from saloon-girl style skirts and boots to heavily beaded Art Deco patterned dresses has had it's time in the spotlight. Having had a preference for flapper-clothing even before discovering the dance I naturally got stuck in the 20s style. Anyway, enough about me and let's get back to the "making of the shiny stuff"! So,I'm about to make a 20s inspired headdress. I'd like it to be extravagant, made of vintage materials when possible, positively dripping with jewels, beads and feathers. We'll see how that goes...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar